Welcome to the Pre-K & Kindergarten Classroom!
My name is Melanie Lawson and I look forward to a great year with your children.
As a small town farm girl I attended Gem State Academy in Caldwell, Idaho where I graduated and met my husband. I then attended Walla Walla University where I received a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education and a Masters in Curriculum & Instruction. In addition, I hold endorsements in Special Education and Religion, and am state and denominationally certified.
I have taught for 18 years, five of which have been at Boise Valley Adventist School. When I’m not teaching I enjoy nature, camping, puzzles, reading, geocaching, and spending time with my family.
In my classroom:
- I believe God should be the center of our class
- I believe learning is a lifelong adventure
- I believe in facing each day with minds open to knowledge and hearts open to love
- I believe in the freedom to wonder, to ask, to explore, and to create
- I believe success means doing our best, being our best, and feeling proud of our efforts
- I believe every child has special talents
- I believe in the God given value of each child
Educational fieldtrips, creative art activities, developing friendships with our 'big buddies', and worshipping God through praise music are just a few of the highlights in our class.
God's presence and blessings are apparent in our school and I look forward to another great year working in His mission field.